Group Insurance Programs
The Committee on Group Insurance Programs (COGIP):
- oversees the State Bar sponsored Group Insurance Programs, which include life, accidental death and dismemberment, disability, personal auto & homeowners, long term care, and workers' compensation and acts as an advisor to the Board of Trustees with respect to the programs.
- studies and makes recommendations and/or changes to the existing programs, evaluates program carriers and brokers, monitors long-term financial issues, proposes product enhancements, directs product pricing and design, and related matters.
- strives to ensure that the program is philosophically and structurally attuned to the needs of Californa's attorneys and consumers.
Applicants should be lawyers with experience and expertise in insurance/insurance regulation, dealing with brokers and carriers, and understanding insurance policies and business aspects of insurance, or lawyers who are familiar with group and/or association plans.
Experience and expertise in loss prevention/competency enhancement, claims handling, underwriting, policy language, and policy provisions and pricing are helpful.
- Expected 2014-15 vacancies: 5
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 4
- Chair: Ruben D. Reyes, San Mateo
- Staff contact: Laila Bartlett, 415-538-2232
Deadline for 2014 applications: Feb. 3, 2014
2014-15 terms begin: Conclusion of 2014 State Bar Annual Meeting (Sept. 14, 2014)