Group Insurance Programs
The Committee on Group Insurance Programs (COGIP):
- oversees the State Bar sponsored Group Insurance Programs, which include life, accidental death and dismemberment, disability, personal auto and homeowners, long term care, healthcare and workers' compensation;
- acts as an advisor to the Board of Trustees with respect to the programs;
- studies and makes recommendations and/or changes to the existing programs;
- evaluates program carriers and brokers;
- monitors long-term financial issues;
- proposes product enhancements, directs product pricing and design and related matters;
- strives to ensure that the program is philosophically and structurally attuned to the needs of Californa's attorneys and consumers.
Applicants should be lawyers with experience and expertise in insurance/insurance regulation, dealing with brokers and carriers, and understanding insurance policies and business aspects of insurance, or lawyers who are familiar with group and/or association plans.
Experience and expertise in loss prevention/competency enhancement, claims handling, underwriting, policy language, and policy provisions and pricing are helpful.
- Expected 2016-17 vacancies: 4
- Meetings per year: 4
- 2015-16 Chair: Damián I. Oksenendler, San Francisco
- Staff contact: Laila Bartlett, 415-538-2232
Deadline for 2016 applications: Jan. 29, 2016
2016-17 terms begin: Conclusion of 2016 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 2, 2016)