- studies, recommends, and reports on proposed changes in the rules, procedures and practices of the federal courts in California;
- works to enhance relations between the State Bar and the federal courts in California;
- meets with judges and representatives of each of the federal district courts in California to understand the issues of importance to the federal judiciary.
The committee seeks lawyers who are knowledgeable in Federal Court practice.
- Expected 2013-14 vacancies: 4
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 4
- Chair: Peter K. Batalden, Encino
- Staff contact: Saul Bercovitch 415-538-2306
Deadline for 2013 applications: Feb. 1, 2013
2013 terms begin: Conclusion of 2013 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 13, 2013)