- studies, recommends, and reports on proposed changes in the rules, procedures and practices of the federal courts in California;
- works to enhance relations between the State Bar and the federal courts in California;
- meets with judges and representatives of each of the federal district courts in California to understand the issues of importance to the federal judiciary.
The committee seeks lawyers who are knowledgeable in Federal Court practice.
- Expected 2017-18 vacancies: 8
- Meetings per year: 4
- 2016-17 Chair: Erik M. Silber, Los Angeles
- Staff contact: Saul Bercovitch 415-538-2306
Deadline for 2017 applications: January 27, 2017
2017-18 terms begin: Conclusion of 2017 State Bar Annual Meeting (August 27, 2017)