Alternative Dispute Resolution
- analyzes and comments on proposals relating to alternative dispute resolution (ADR);
- drafts proposals relating to ADR for consideration by the Board of Trustees;
- identifies issues concerning the relationship of ADR to the practice of law, the administration of justice and improving access to justice;
- plans and administers educational programs relating to ADR;
- encourages lawyers involved in ADR to become active participants in the State Bar.
The committee is composed of a diverse group of practitioners and other persons with expertise or an interest in ADR.
- Expected 2016-17 vacancies: 9
- Meetings per year: 6
- 2015-16 Chair: David M. Miller, Moraga
- Staff contact: Saul Bercovitch 415-538-2306
Deadline for 2016 applications: deadline extended March 1, 2016
2016-17 terms begin: Conclusion of 2016 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 2, 2016)