Alternative Dispute Resolution
- analyzes and comments on proposals relating to alternative dispute resolution (ADR);
- drafts proposals relating to ADR for consideration by the Board of Trustees;
- identifies issues concerning the relationship of ADR to the practice of law, the administration of justice and improving access to justice;
- plans and administers educational programs relating to ADR;
- encourages lawyers involved in ADR to become active participants in the State Bar.
The committee is composed of a diverse group of practitioners and other persons with expertise or an interest in ADR.
- Expected 2017-18 vacancies: 8
- Meetings per year: 6
- 2016-17 Chair: Robert T. Andersen, Riverside
- Staff contact: Saul Bercovitch 415-538-2306
Deadline for 2017 applications: February 8, 2017
2017-18 terms begin: Conclusion of 2017 State Bar Annual Meeting (September 22, 2017)