Stakeholder Forum, Diversity Reception & MCLE Programs
SAVE THE DATE
Celebrating Diversity in the Legal Profession
at the State Bar of California Annual Meeting - October 11-14, 2012 - Monterey, California
“Let’s Make It Happen: Strategies for Achieving Diversity in the Legal Profession” – Working Within the Parameters of US Supreme Court Decisions and Current Legislation (1-½ hours MCLE, including 1 hour EOB)
Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 2:15 to 3:45 p.m.
Portola Hotel and Spa, Two Portola Plaza, Monterey - Room TBD
Diversity Awards Reception:
Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
Portola Hotel and Spa-De Anza Ballroom, Two Portola Plaza, Monterey
- Neuroscience of Fairness and Decision – Making in the Legal Profession (1–½ hours MCLE, including 1 hour EOB)
Friday, October 11, 2012 - 8:30 to 10:00AM (Room TBD)
- Elimination of Bias in the Legal Profession as Good Business and a Moral and Ethical Imperative(1 hour EOB + 1 hour Ethics)
Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 10 AM to 12 Noon (Room TBD)
"Effective Lawyering" Symposium
Effective Lawyering" Symposium, January 24, 2012 - Professors Shultz and Zedeck will present a special symposium in Los Angeles providing information about their research and concrete ideas for employer use of their tools for predicting lawyer effectiveness.
U.S. News & World Report Law School Rankings
The Council on Access & Fairness has recommended that U.S. News & World Report include diversity factors in its law school rankings. The following documents are available through the Office of Access & Fairness Programs. For more Information contact Brandi Holmes, 415-538-2240 or email@example.com. You can help by sending a letter of support. See items below:
- Sample letter to U.S. News Editor Robert Morse
- March 28 letter from State Bar to U.S. News Editor Robert Morse
- National Law Journal Article, Feb. 17, 2011