Client Security Fund commission
The Client Security Fund (CSF) reimburses clients who have lost money or property due to theft or an equivalent dishonest act committed by a California lawyer acting in a professional capacity.
CSF is overseen by the Client Security Fund Commission, an independent body that is appointed by and reports to the Board of Trustees.
- determines whether or not applications filed with the Client Security Fund qualify for reimbursement under the fund's rules;
- makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees on the fund's rules, the methods for reviewing applications, and the financial and administrative needs of the fund.
The commission is composed of seven members, four lawyers and three non-lawyer public members. The members are selected when their background and experience contribute to CSF goals.
- Expected 2017-18 vacancies: 3
- Meetings per year: 6
- 2016-17 Chair: Jeffrey Golden, Costa Mesa
- Staff contact: Betty Yung 213-765-1150
For additional information, go to the Client Security Fund.
Deadline for 2017 applications: January 27, 2017
2017-18 terms begin: Conclusion of 2017 State Bar Annual Meeting (August 27, 2017)