Client Security Fund
The Client Security Fund (CSF) reimburses clients who have lost money or property due to theft or an equivalent dishonest act committed by a California lawyer acting in a professional capacity.
CSF is overseen by the Client Security Fund Commission, an independent body that is appointed by and reports to the Board of Trustees.
- determines whether or not applications filed with the Client Security Fund qualify for reimbursement under the fund's rules;
- makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees on the fund's rules, the methods for reviewing applications, and the financial and administrative needs of the fund.
The commission is composed of seven members, four lawyers and three non-lawyer public members. The members are selected when their background and experience contribute to CSF goals.
- Expected 2013-14 vacancies: 3 (lawyer and non-lawyer public member positions)
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 6
- Chair: Linda Monroe, Encino
- Staff contacts: Lori Meloch, Betty Yung 213-765-1150
For additional information, go to the Client Security Fund.
Deadline for 2013 applications has been extended to: June 3, 2013
2013 terms begin: Conclusion of 2013 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 13, 2013)