Client Security Fund
The Client Security Fund (CSF) reimburses clients who have lost money or property due to theft or an equivalent dishonest act committed by a California lawyer acting in a professional capacity.
CSF is overseen by the Client Security Fund Commission, an independent body that is appointed by and reports to the Board of Trustees.
- determines whether or not applications filed with the Client Security Fund qualify for reimbursement under the fund's rules;
- makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees on the fund's rules, the methods for reviewing applications, and the financial and administrative needs of the fund.
The commission is composed of seven members, four lawyers and three non-lawyer public members. The members are selected when their background and experience contribute to CSF goals.
- Expected 2014-15 vacancies: 3 (lawyer and non-lawyer positions)
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 6
- Chair: Colleen Dietz, Los Angeles
- Staff contacts: Lori Meloch, Betty Yung 213-765-1150
For additional information, go to the Client Security Fund.
Deadline for 2014 applications: Feb. 3, 2014
2014-15 terms begin: Conclusion of 2014 State Bar Annual Meeting (Sept. 14, 2014)