Workers' Compensation Executive Committee
- focuses on the practice of workers' compensation law and is comprised of workers' compensation specialists, practitioners from the applicant and defense bar, and workers' compensation judges;
- presents MCLE and legal specialization accredited programs throughout the year and publishes the Workers' Compensation Quarterly;
- has five active committees on which members are encouraged to participate (Awards and Recognition, Education, Legislation, Practice and Ethics, and Publications).
Membership in the section is open to public members, but only lawyers and judges may serve on the executive committee. Lawyers with a background in workers' compensation are encouraged to apply. Certification as a specialist is not a prerequisite for applying to vacancies on the executive committee.
Committee communications are conducted electronically, and each member must have an e-mail address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation is a factor considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout California who can meet these requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the section's staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2014-15 vacancies: 5
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 4-6
- Chair: Paige Levy, Marina Del Rey
- Staff contact: Tricia Horan 415-538-2223
Deadline for 2014 applications: Feb. 3, 2014
2014-15 terms begin: Conclusion of 2014 State Bar Annual Meeting (Sept. 14, 2014)