Taxation Executive Committee
The executive committee has responsibility for a wide variety of activities, including the quarterly publication of the California Tax Lawyer, and presentations and programs at the:
- Tax Section Annual Meeting and California Tax Policy Conference;
- State Bar Annual Meeting;
- Eagles Lodge West conference program;
- Annual Income Tax Seminar;
- Annual Estate and Gift Tax Seminar; and.
- Washington D.C. and Sacramento Delegations, where academic papers are presented to taxing authorities and legislators.
The executive committee oversees several sub-committees, including:
- compensation and benefits;
- exempt organizations;
- income and other tax;
- state and local tax;
- tax policy, practice and legislation;
- international tax;
- tax procedure and litigation;
- corporate and pass-through entities; and
- young tax lawyers.
The committee seeks applications from active tax lawyers who have a demonstrated commitment to professional and public service from diverse geographic, ethnic and practice backgrounds, who can serve as role models for our membership, and who have a minimum of five years of experience working in a tax-related profession prior to appointment consideration. Section participation is also a factor considered in the appointment review.
Committee communications are conducted electronically. Tax professionals throughout California who can meet these requirements and make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding the section requirements or how to become more involved in the section, please contact the section's staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2014-15 vacancies: 5
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 5 (four are multi-day meetings)
- Chair: Bradley Marsh, San Francisco
- Staff contact: Lynn Taylor 415-538-2042
Deadline for 2014 applications: Feb. 3, 2014
2014-15 terms begin: Conclusion of 2014 State Bar Annual Meeting (Sept. 14, 2014)