Taxation Executive Committee
The executive committee has oversight responsibility for the activities of substantive law and special interest committees, including:
- presentation of an annual education program;
- programs at the State Bar annual meeting, which presently includes the California Tax Policy Conference;
- the Eagles Lodge West program;
- presentation of academic papers annually in Washington, D.C. to Judges of the U.S. Tax Court, officials of the Internal Revenue Service, and attorneys for the House, Senate, and Joint Committee on Tax; and
- publication of a tax periodical.
Subcommittees and projects include:
- compensation and benefits;
- exempt organizations;
- income and other tax;
- state and local tax;
- tax policy, practice and legislation;
- international tax;
- tax procedure and litigation
- corporate and pass-through entities;
- young tax lawyers;
- the California Tax Lawyer; and
- education and public outreach.
The committee seeks applications from active tax lawyers who have a demonstrated commitment to professional and public service from diverse geographic, ethnic and practice backgrounds, who can serve as role models for our membership, and who have a a minimum of six years experience with at least five years in tax.
Committee communications are conducted electronically, and each member must have an e-mail address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation is a factor considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout California who can meet these requirements and make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding the requirements or how to become more involved in the section, please contact the section staff or chair.
- Expected 2013-14 vacancies: 5
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 5 (four are multi-day meetings)
- Chair: Frederick Campbell-Craven, Rancho Cordova
- Staff contact: Lynn Taylor 415-538-2042
Deadline for 2013 applications: Feb. 1, 2013
2013 terms begin: Conclusion of 2013 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 13, 2013)