Solo and Small Firm Executive Committee
The Solo and Small Firm Section:
- provides a forum for solo and small firm practitioners, both specialists and those in general practice;
- presents educational programs and publishes a quarterly newsletter on technology and practice management for solo/small firm attorneys and on substantive law topics;
- publishes a Mentor Directory listing attorneys statewide who offer to section members free consultations in their listed areas of expertise;
- is compiling and will publish a list of "hot topics" of special concern to solo and small firm practitioners in the management of their practices.
Committee communications are conducted electronically, and each member must have an email address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation is a factor considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout California who can meet these requirements and make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the section's staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2017-18 vacancies: 6
- Meetings per year: 6
- 2016-17 Chair: Megan Zavieh, Alpharetta
- Staff contact: John Buelter 415-538-2341
Deadline for 2017 applications: January 27, 2017
2017-18 terms begin: Conclusion of 2017 State Bar Annual Meeting (August 27, 2017)