Solo & Small Firm Executive Committee
The Solo and Small Firm Section:
- provides a forum for solo and small firm practitioners, both specialists and those in general practice;
- presents educational programs and publishes a quarterly newsletter on technology and practice management for solo/small firm attorneys and on substantive law topics;
- publishes a Mentor Directory listing attorneys statewide who offer to section members free consultations in their listed areas of expertise;
- is compiling and will publish a list of "hot topics" of special concern to solo and small firm practitioners in the management of their practices.
Committee communications are conducted electronically; therefore, each member must have an e-mail address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation is a factor considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout California who can meet these requirements and make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the section staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2013-14 vacancies: 5+
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 6
- Chair: R. James Symons, Petaluma
- Staff contact: John Buelter 415-538-2341
Deadline for 2013 applications has been extended to: April 2, 2013
2013 terms begin: Conclusion of 2013 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 13, 2013)