Real Property Law Executive Committee
The Real Property Law Section Executive Committee:
- creates and administers programs and activities for over 7,000 section members, including the quarterly California Real Property Journal, an annual professional retreat, over 25 substantive and geographic subsections (e.g., real estate, finance, litigation, commercial leasing, zoning, and land use, environmental law), legislative initiatives, a website containing a wide range of resources, and periodic educational seminars;
- focuses on providing services of value to its members and thereby expanding its membership of the diverse population of real property practitioners in the state.
The section seeks applicants with prior speaking, writing or organizational experience, preferably for the section or other volunteer groups in a related field. Written communications are conducted electronically. Each member must have an e-mail address to receive meeting notices and agendas, and to communicate with members. Lawyers throughout the state of California who meet these requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2013-14 vacancies: 5
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 8 (six are in-person meetings)
- Co-Chairs: David D. Fu, San Gabriel; Gregory S. Markow, San Diego
- Staff contact: Julie Martinez 415-538-2523
Deadline for 2013 applications: Feb. 1, 2013
2013 terms begin: Conclusion of 2013 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 13, 2013)