Law Practice Managment & Technology Executive Committee
This section works to improve the quality of law practice through effective management techniques and technology. Areas of focus include:
- administration, financial management, time management, marketing a law practice, systems and procedures, computer software and hardware, information security, and effective use of internal web platforms as well as external public presence on the Internet.
- conducting MCLE webinars and live programs on these topics,
- interfacing with local bar associations, law librarians, legal secretaries, paralegals and other law-related associations.
- publishing an electronic newsletter, The Bottom Line, which will celebrate its 35th anniversary in 2014. The Bottom Line is one of the oldest and most respected publications devoted to law practice management and technology issues. Each issue includes approximately half-a dozen in-depth articles including one article that qualifies for CLE credit.
- offering substantial discounts to its members who attend legal technology conferences and a special members-only area of the State Bar website.
Committee communications are conducted electronically through a listserv, and each member must have an e-mail address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation is a factor considered in the appointment review, as is a demonstrated expertise relating to law practice management and technology issues. Lawyers throughout the state of California who can meet these requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the section's staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2014-15 vacancies: 5
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 4 (plus conference calls)
- Chair: Tangela Terry, Los Angeles
- Staff contact: Kristina Robledo 415-538-2467
Deadline for 2014 applications: Feb. 3, 2014
2014-15 terms begin: Conclusion of 2014 State Bar Annual Meeting (Sept. 14, 2014)