Law Practice ManagEment and Technology Executive Committee
This section works to improve the quality of law practice through effective management techniques and technology. Areas of focus include:
- administration, financial management, time management, marketing a law practice, systems and procedures, computer software and hardware, information security, and effective use of internal web platforms as well as external public presence on the Internet.
- conducting MCLE webinars and live programs on the above topics.
- interfacing with local bar associations, law librarians, legal secretaries, paralegals and other law-related associations.
- offering substantial discounts to its members who attend legal technolgoy conferences and a special members-only area of the State Bar website.
- publishing an electronic newsletter, The Bottom Line, which will celebrate 37 years in publication in 2016 and is one of the oldest and most respected publications devoted to law practice management and technology issues. Each issue includes approximately half-a dozen in-depth articles including one article that qualifies for CLE credit.
Committee communications are conducted electronically through a listserv, and each member must have an email address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation is a factor considered in the appointment review, as is a demonstrated expertise relating to law practice management and technology issues. Lawyers throughout California who can meet these requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the section's staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2016-17 vacancies: 5
- Meetings per year: 4 (plus conference calls)
- 2015-16 Chair: Kurt Obermeyer, Manhattan Beach
- Staff contact: Kristina Robledo 415-538-2467
Deadline for 2016 applications: deadline extended March 18, 2016
2016-17 terms begin: Conclusion of 2016 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 2, 2016)