Labor and Employment Law Executive Committee
The section provides a forum for individuals with an interest in labor relations and employment issues. Section members include specialists and generalists from across the labor and employment law spectrum, individual practitioners, law firms, government agencies, labor unions, corporate representatives, and neutrals.
The executive committee:
- presents MCLE-accredited section programs throughout the year, including conferences focused on both public sector and private sector employment and labor law, and advanced courses on wage and hour laws;
- publishes six issues of the Labor and Employment Law Review;
- strives to keep a balance of plaintiff-side practitioners, defense-side practitioners and neutrals.
All section members are encouraged to participate on the standing committees, but only attorney members admitted in California are eligible to serve on the executive committee. Executive committee members are expected to be actively involved in organizing and leading the section's programs and publications.
Section participation and previous experience in planning and coordinating educational programs are factors considered in the appointment review. In addition, diversity of all kinds is a core belief of the committee. Lawyers throughout California who meet these qualifications and who are willing and able to make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the section's staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2015-16 vacancies: 5
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 4 in-person; 1 by conference call
- 2014-15 Chair: Michael E. Whitaker, Los Angeles
- Staff Contact: Lynn Taylor 415-538-2042
Deadline for 2015 applications: Feb. 2, 2015
2015-16 terms begin: Conclusion of 2015 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 11, 2015)