International Law Executive Committee
This executive committee:
- communicates recent developments and current issues in international law and practice to its section membership;
- facilitates interaction among its members and foreign lawyers;
- presents MCLE-accredited programs throughout the year;
- holds retreats and networking receptions, among other exciting activities;
- publishes the California International Law Journal.
Committee communications are conducted electronically, and each member must have an email address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation is a factor considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout California who can meet these requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2016-17 vacancies: 8
- Meetings per year: 5 (including conference calls)
- 2015-16 Chair: Harumi Hata, Los Angeles
- Staff contact: Julie Martinez 415-538-2523
Deadline for 2016 applications: Jan. 29, 2016
2016-17 terms begin: Conclusion of 2016 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 2, 2016)