Intellectual Property Law Executive Committee
This section's areas of interest encompass all aspects of intellectual property (IP) law, including: patent; trademarks; copyrights; trade secrets; licensing, IP litigation; entertainment and sports; technology, Internet and privacy; and international IP;. The section:
- sponsors seminars regarding intellectual property law issues and works on other projects related to intellectual property law;
- publishes a newsletter, New Mattter, approximately four times per year;
- meets in executive sessions four to five times per year.
Those with a background in intellectual property and a willingness to join a hardworking section are encouraged to apply.
Committee communications are conducted electronically, and each member must have an email address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation (e.g., involvement in one of the Intellectual Property Section's Interest Groups, authoring an article for the New Matter publication, speaking at one of the section's MCLE programs, etc.) is considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout California who can meet the section's requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the staff administrator or chair or visit the section's home page.
- Expected 2017-18 vacancies: 7
- Meetings per year: 5
- 2016-17 Chair: Elizabeth Rest, San Francisco
- Staff contact: Christina Doell 415-538-2393
Deadline for 2017 applications: January 27, 2017
2017-18 terms begin: Conclusion of 2017 State Bar Annual Meeting (August 27, 2017)