Intellectual Property Law Executive Committee
This section's areas of interest encompass all aspects of intellectual property (IP) law, including: patent; trademarks; copyrights; trade secrets; licensing, IP litigation; entertainment and sports; technology, Internet and privacy; international IP; in-house counsel; legislation. The section:
- sponsors seminars regarding intellectual property law issues and works on other projects related to intellectual property law;
- publishes a newsletter, New Mattter, approximately four times per year;
- meets in executive sessions four to five times per year.
Those with a background in intellectual property and a willingness to join a hardworking section are encouraged to apply.
Committee communications are conducted electronically, and each member must have an email address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation (e.g., involvement in one of the Intellectual Property Section's standing committees, authoring an article for the New Matter publication, speaking at one of the section's MCLE programs, etc.) is considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout California who can meet the section's requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the staff administrator or chair or visit the section's home page.
- Expected 2015-16 vacancies: 4
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 5
- 2014-15 Chair: Sophie E. Cohen, Berkeley
- Staff contact: Kristina Robledo 415-538-2467
Deadline for 2015 applications: Feb. 2, 2015
2015-16 terms begin: Conclusion of 2015 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 11, 2015)