Environmental Law Executive Committee
The Environmental Law Section:
- provides a statewide forum for the exchange of ideas and knowledge among California environmental lawyers and other professionals in the environmental field;
- engages a broad range of substantive areas of environmental law, including water quality and water supply, air quality, land use, natural resources, solid waste, hazardous waste, toxic substances, endangered species, wetlands, coastal protection, environmental justice, and energy.
The executive committee:
- implements the section's goal of preventing pollution and conserving and supporting the sustainable use of natural resources;
- includes attorneys from private firms, regulatory agencies, state and local governments, public interest groups, business, and academia;
- furnishes technical comments concerning proposed legislation;
- sponsors numerous MCLE programs, conducts outreach programs, and publishes periodic updates and insights on the practice of environmental law in California;
- welcomes applications from attorneys with a background in environmental law.
Committee communications are conducted electronically, and each member must have an e-mail address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section and State Bar participation is a factor considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout the state of California who can meet these requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in the section, please contact the staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2013-14 vacancies: 5
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 9 (including conference calls)
- Chair: Robert S. Perlmutter, San Francisco
- Staff contact: Julie Martinez 415-538-2523
Deadline for 2013 applications: Feb. 1, 2013
2013 terms begin: Conclusion of 2013 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 13, 2013)