Criminal Law Executive Committee
This committee engages in a wide range of activities, including authoring opinions on criminal justice legislation, presenting educational programs for criminal law practitioners, and fostering communication with law students interested in career opportunities in criminal law.
The executive committee:
- publishes a journal on a quarterly basis
- sponsors an annual writing competition for law students
- is balanced geographically and by the nature of the practice with state and federal prosecutors and defense lawyers
- also includes advisors who consist of former committee members, including lawyers, judges, and members of the Board of Trustees
Committee communications are conducted electronically, and each member must have an email address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc. Section participation is a factor considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout California who can meet these requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply. For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the staff administrator or chair.
- Expected 2015-16 vacancies: 4
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 4 in-person; 1 or 2 by conference call
- 2014-15 Chair: Teresa M. Caffese, San Francisco
- Staff contact: Lynn Taylor 415-538-2042
Deadline for 2015 applications extended to: March 6, 2015
2015-16 terms begin: Conclusion of 2015 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 11, 2015)