Antitrust and Unfair Competition Executive Committee
The Antitrust and Unfair Competition Section:
- focuses on developments under the Cartwright, the Unfair Practices Act, and the Unfair Competition Law (UCL), section 17200, et. seq. of the Business and Professions Code;
- deals with both private and government (federal, state and local) enforcement actions, civil and criminal, and government criminal procedures;
- offers MCLE-accredited section programs throughout the year, an annual UCL Conference, an annual Golden State Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Institute and an Antitrust Lawyer of the Year Award;
- publishes Competition Journal periodically and updates its two-volume treatise as appropriate.
Committee communications are conducted electronically. Therefore, each member must have an email address to receive committee meeting notices, agendas, reports, etc.
Prior section participation is a factor considered in the appointment review. Lawyers throughout California who meet these requirements and who can make the time commitment are encouraged to apply.
For questions regarding section requirements or how to become more involved in section activities, please contact the staff administrator.
- Expected 2015-16 vacancies: 2+
- Approximate number of meetings per year: 1 plus monthly conference calls; 1 annual committee in-person weekend retreat; in-person attendance for committee kick-off meeting at annual State Bar meeting; attendance at section educational events encouraged.
- 2014-15 Chair: Thomas N. Dahdouh, San Francisco
- Staff contact : Mitch Wood 415-538-2594
Deadline for 2015 applications: Feb. 2, 2015
2015 terms begin: Conclusion of 2015 State Bar Annual Meeting (Oct. 11, 2015)